Questions about can see object task on terrain

Hi Justin, I have three questions.

1.My two AIs can use ‘can see object’ to quickly find each other on a plane, but it is difficult to find each other on the terrain. I think it is because they stand at different terrain heights.

I hope that AIs can quickly find each other on the terrain, no matter if they are at different heights, what should I do?

2.Wander task does not work well on terrain. AI often gets stuck at the foot of the mountain. Is there a way to improve it?

3.I set the Pause Duration for the Wander task, but when it is paused, I don't know how to make it play the Idle animation. I tried many conditional tasks and I can't judge whether the AI is paused. what should I do?

Last edited:
1. You can set the offset/target offset so the raycast isn't being sent from pivot to pivot position.

2. Does wander set an invalid position? Or what part gets stuck?

3. You could check the velocity of the character to determine what animation to play.

1. You can set the offset/target offset so the raycast isn't being sent from pivot to pivot position.

2. Does wander set an invalid position? Or what part gets stuck?

3. You could check the velocity of the character to determine what animation to play.
2. I think this is because of the collision body on the AI. After I delete the main collision body, the AI rarely gets stuck.

Thanks for the reply.