Question about sliding. (Not the ability)

ttesjt

Hi there,

I am using the "Third Person Adventure" movement type. Without the actual "Slide" ability, my character used to slide on slopes. I liked this slide because it prevented the player from being able to "jump climb" steep slopes. However, I don't know what I touched, but the character suddenly does not slide anymore. It will just stand where it is. It won't walk up the slope if it's steeper than the "Slope Limit", but it doesn't move a single bit, even when standing on a nearly 90-degree slope.

This happens everywhere, and my backup character prefabs also do not slide anymore. I don't think I changed the ground either. One thing I could think of was the timestep. I changed my game timestep from 0.02 to 0.015, as well as some other timestep-dependent parameters.

So my question is: What is the possible reason for this to happen? What parameters control natural sliding? If necessary, which part of the code should I look into?

Edit: I start wondering, is this kind of "natural slide" normal at all? because we have a slide ability, and that makes the "natural slide" seems useless.

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited:
Can you explain what you mean by natural slide? The best way to determine why the ability isn't starting is to place a breakpoint within the CanStartAbility method in order to determine what condition is failing and not starting the ability when you think that it should.

Hi thank you for the reply. Sorry for the confusion.
I now believe the "natural slide" is an buggy behavior. Now it's gone so everything is good! What it did was "without add slide ability, the character slides naturally on slope" I think it must be some physics glitches. Not necessary a problem with UCC, because it was gone without me changing any UCC components.