Question about Health Flash Monitor

TrungDong

After update project from UFPS 1 to UFPS 2 (or UCC), I found out that there are many great features in UFPS 1 have not been deployed in UFPS 2 yet.
Health Flash Monitor is one of them.
In UFPS 1, minor damage will make the monitor redden a bit (only the border), while heavy damage (or many minor damages are received in a short time) will make monitor become red 1/2 screen. And there are red arrows which show you where the damage source from.
UCC lack those features. Do you intend to add them? And if you do, so when?

Have you used the HealthFlashMonitor component? This gets added with the UI Monitors prefab and it sounds like it has both of the features that you're looking for.

Yes, I did. I also read all the code of the HealthFlashMonitor component so I found out that those features are not implemented yet.
The HealthFlashMonitor only receive OnDamage event, then it displays the flash image, fades it out by the time. It does not care about the amount of damage or direction at all. And there are no arrows.
You can test in the demoscene.

Ah, I think that what you're looking for is the Damage Indicator Monitor. This will show the arrows in the direction that the character was hit. It doesn't show based off of the impact amount though.

Oh, I have checked the Damage Indicator Monitor's code. It turned out that if you don't set the force the arrows will not display.
And if you don't set the attacker, the Null error appears. I think you should add a null-check here because there is an option to skip the "attacker" parameter in the Health.cs's Damage API, this will lead to a Null error at DamageIndicatorMonitor's OnDamage.

By the way, so sad that Health Flash Monitor won't show effect base off the impact amount. I can do it on my own but it will be best if it is a function in the future.

The attacker null check should be in there - it's in the first if statement:

Code:
            if (force.sqrMagnitude == 0 || attacker == null) {

I will add an option to always show it even if the force is 0.