Puppet master stuck in a idle state

rusturch

Hello. I am having a few problems with the puppet master and kick.

1) The first problem is if, during the activation of the puppet master, i press the kick, then the character will get stuck and continue to play idle state. Also, the sounds of footsteps still work.
2) The second problem is similar to the one above, after get hit when the character up, only the idle state plays, but it can move.(This does not always happen sometimes it works as it should) If you get hit again or jump, then the state will return to normal.
3) The third problem is the sounds of footsteps if you press the kick simultaneously with the movement. When the kick animation plays, the footsteps continue to play sound. (The bug is not Puppet Master specific, but I wrote in this thread as it might be important)

Below I attach the settings for the item and the animator.

Sorry if the solutions are obvious, I spent a lot of time trying to find the reason. Thank You

Attachments

• KickItemSettings.png
    KickItemSettings.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 2
  • KickMeleeSettings.png
    KickMeleeSettings.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 2
  • KickTransitionInOut.png
    KickTransitionInOut.png
    356.5 KB · Views: 2
To get started, does it work correctly if you don't use PuppetMaster? A lot of these issues look independent of PuppetMaster so I am curious if you've gotten it working correctly to begin with.

To get started, does it work correctly if you don't use PuppetMaster? A lot of these issues look independent of PuppetMaster so I am curious if you've gotten it working correctly to begin with.
I rebuilt the controller with the same settings and without the Pupet Master. Works the same as in the third video

It looks like you are using a custom animator - have you first tried following the melee video with the default animator? My guess is that your new animator is missing an event or something is off related to the Animator Audio State list.

Let's switch to Puppet Master for now :) . I created this thread because it gets stuck in an idle state regardless of my kick.​
I created a new project and did everything from scratch using this tutorial, this integration and the demo animator. But this problem still exists.​

Thanks for sending that scene. I am unable to reproduce it though within the integration scene that you included. What are you doing to trigger the animations from getting stuck?

Thanks - that reproduced it.

The problem is that the Jump ability has a higher priority than the Puppet ability so it is stopping the Puppet ability. However, the puppet animation clips exit through a timer rather than a parameter check so that's why the animations stick. I will ask the PuppetMaster developer if he can work this into the integration, but you'll either need to:

- Change the puppet ability to be the highest priority (move it to the top of the list).
- Adjust the animator states so it uses the AbilityIndex to exit rather than a time. This will also likely require some ability changes so I recommend the first option.

Thank you very much for your time. Unfortunately, the first option didn't work. But when you said that the problem is with the jump, I tried to disable ability it using state and it helped :)