PUN and new input system

ChristianWiele

Hi,

I am not sure whether this came up before. I am using the PUN add-on and the new input system. When you use this combination it can happen that the client player does not react to any input. The reason is that the new input system only allows a single instance of the input actions. If the server player spawns first on the client (before the client player) this player occupies this single instance, even this player anyway does not reacts to input on the client side.
This can be solved by disabling the PlayerInput component upon startup (similar to the CharacterLocomotion that is disabled on the client side by the NetworkCharacterLocomotionHandler).
Maybe you can add a component to the integration for the new input system, or just disable it in the NetworkCharacterLocomotionHandler if the new input system is in use?

Thanks, Christian

Thanks for debugging it! Yes, I can have the NetworkCharacterLocomotionHandler disable PlayerInput for remote players. This should still work even with the regular input manager version.