Projectile network spawning problem

Chibizzle

I have used a ShooterWeapon which uses Grenade Throwing animation and throws a custom Fireball projectile which I created by peeking at the Opsive PunRocket prefab.
However on the MasterClient the projectile travels differently.
It seems like the spawning positioning of the projectile or the arc is incorrect.
The explosion that the projectile leaves behind after impact, however, will be positioned correctly.

I was wondering if anyone have had this problem and/or has any suggestions.

Does the demo scene work correctly? It almost sounds like the transform isn't being synced appropriately - do you have the PunLocationMonitor added and syncing the position/rotation?

Hi Justin,
Thank you for your reply

1586262879857.png

This is the PunLocationMonitor the Demo RocketLauncher uses.
The Demo RocketLauncher also seems a little off from the expected FirePoint position.

I tried these settings on my Fireball both WITH and WITHOUT checkin the synchronize position/rotation and get the same results!
It also seems like my Fireball on non-master clients go way faster.
These are my other settings:

1586263620810.png

I can try to make a video later if it helps.

Are there certain properties I should not change
Might it have to do something with my Fireball dropping?
Does PUN spawn it a little off, because of colliding units?
Is there a setting that might be wrong?

Your settings look correct. When you say off, how far off are you referring to? You may be seeing a slight difference due to the time that it takes for the projectile to RPC to be sent across the network. By that time the character/animation may have moved to a different location.

Since you released the magic projectiles, ive been changing to this new system. The projectile spawning works as expected. The impact however does not yet work perfectly, but im gonna play around a bit to see what i can make of it. For now let's close this issue!