Primary and secondary weapon management

Chris

Hello,

I'm back :), thanks again for the feedback.

Another subject, I would like my UCC by pressing 1 or 2 to be able to switch between a primary weapon and a secondary weapon.

In the inventory, he would have several primary weapons and several secondary weapons but only one of each could be equipped.

Because currently, I have several item definitions that activate one behind the other.

But if for example I have more than 100 weapons. To equip the last one I have to do next next ... or I have to open the inventory and equip it

It looks a bit like the demo where the character can equip only one sword or magic staff

Hi @Chris

If possible I would appreciate if you could create new threads when asking those questions because I'm sure many other users might have the same questions, and may miss it if it's hidden in the WIP thread.

Coming back to your question there's actually no way of doing this out of the gate. I've added it to my todo list, we'll be making an update very soon so this feature won't make it in time, It'll probably take a few weeks before it's out.

It shouldn't be hard too hard to implement yourself though. The idea is that you would remove the previous/next equip abilities from the UCC character. Then you could have a custom script that listens to the "OnItemActionEquipUnequip" event. You can then know what item was equipped from the inventory menu. If the item is a primary weapon you replace your reference to the primary weapon and if it's a secondary weapon you replace your secondary reference. Then you can set the input for your custom script that uses the "OnItemActionEquipUnequip" to equip/unequip your primary and secondary weapon

If you are unfamiliar with how the UCC event system works make sure to check this out: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/programming-concepts/events/