Playmaker Integrations

RustyChicken

Not exactly sure which section to post this as it includes, well, everything lol. I am using the third person controller, inventory, and behavior designer along with all three moves packs, and I wanted to integrate Playmaker with these as well, so does anyone know if I only use 1 integration or all of them, and what order would I install them? I currently have all 3 Opsive assets installed and working flawlessly, and don’t want to jeopardize that lol. I don’t actually want playmaker to control the player, just to detect it for things like door opening and sound plays, etc.

does anyone know if I only use 1 integration or all of them, and what order would I install them?
The order doesn't matter and you only need the integration if you want to use Playmaker with that asset. For example, since Playmaker isn't being used for the controller then you don't need that integration.

So if I am using playmaker to just control things like menus, playing sounds on triggers, controlling lights etc I don’t actually need any of the integrations?

hello, I have playmaker and opsive. anyway I use player maker fsm and use the "assign character action" for my swapping character between cameras and it works really well, but not for the ui. im new to playermaker but is there and action to assign character there ui and not just the cameras. I making a two player split screen game so the ui has to be assign to there character.

Wondering if this is something to worry about?

Code:
Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Playmaker\SetActive.cs(37,13): warning CS0618: 'UltimateCharacterLocomotion.SetActive(bool)' is obsolete: 'SetActive has been deprecated. Use GameObject.SetActive instead.'

That action is no longer necessary - I'll remove it. You can use the regular Activate GameObject action now.

I'm running into some issues with the "Assign Character" Action. It seems that this action does not like to assign the character to the camera when it's getting the camera from the Global Variables.

1628529422087.png

Two Errors appear,
Code:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.Playmaker.AssignCharacter.OnEnter () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Integrations/Playmaker/AssignCharacter.cs:38)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (System.Int32 startIndex) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:222)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:192)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:3072)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState toState) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:3011)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2944)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Start () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2168)
PlayMakerFSM.Start () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:595)

Code:
Error: There is no look source attached to the character Player1-Hero(Clone). Ensure the character has a look source attached. For player characters the look source is the Camera Controller, and AI agents use the Local Look Source.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.ThirdPersonController.Character.MovementTypes.Adventure:GetDeltaYawRotation (single,single,single,single) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/ThirdPersonController/Character/MovementTypes/Adventure.cs:74)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler:GetDeltaYawRotation () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:200)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager/KinematicCharacter:Move (bool) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:234)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager:FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:886)

But if I manually assign the Camera, the player is spawned and the camera is working with no errors.
1628529699580.png

Global variables are stored in an asset file, correct? Asset files exist at the project level so they cannot reference scene objects.

In Regards to the Get Item Identifier Amount action is it possible to extend it to also include the current amount consumable items loaded into the weapon?

In Regards to the Get Item Identifier Amount action is it possible to extend it to also include the current amount consumable items loaded into the weapon?
GetItemIdentifierAmount is called on the inventory while getting the current amount loaded is called on the IUsableItem. How would you expect to specify the item? By currently equipped item? Or by slot?

Basically I have Adventure Creator controlling my Inventory and Menu with Playmaker Bridging. I need to get the amount of ammo in each weapon so it can be set in the menu. Ideally it would be similar to the get item identifier as I can get all variables in one event. My current work around it just getting the number from the UI counter but that only works for the current equipped weapon. It just feels hacky but it'll do for the time being. I was just wondering if there was any plans for any more custom actions. Additionally and Equip/Unequip would be golden but I understand they are very low priority. I definitely appreciate the ones there, makes life alot easier.