Playmaker Integration

Snowfrog

I watched this excellent GDC talk by Bobby Anguelov and it has inspired me to try using an FSM / BT hybrid. While doing some research, I figured that coupling Playmaker with Behavior Designer was probably my best bet since both pieces of software seem to be well established and supported in Unity. While reading the documentation and watching some YT tutorials about the Playmaker / Behavior Designer integration, I got the impression that it only worked one way. That is to say that you could communicate from Behavior Designer to Playmaker but not really the other way around.

What I want is to use Playmaker to define the high level states and transitions of my AI agents, but I want to use Behavior Designer to define very simple sequences of executions. Essentially, I want a Playmaker state to kickoff a Behavior Designer BT. Has anyone had success doing that?

That's no problem - in the integration there is an action which will start the behavior tree. You can also sync variables both directions.