Player sticking to hills very bad

artmatv

My player climbs the hills very raggedly, I have tried many parameters, but I can not achieve the desired result. Where should I look?

A few things to try:

- Check the collider on the slope itself. If it's a complex mesh with a lot of tris, there might be bumps etc. that the character struggles to smoothly walk up. You generally want smooth, straight slopes as much as possible
- Try adding a frictionless physics material to the slope (and set the friction mode to "minimum")
- Try increasing the "Slope limit" on your UltimateCharacterLocomotion component (under "Physics")

A few things to try:

- Check the collider on the slope itself. If it's a complex mesh with a lot of tris, there might be bumps etc. that the character struggles to smoothly walk up. You generally want smooth, straight slopes as much as possible
- Try adding a frictionless physics material to the slope (and set the friction mode to "minimum")
- Try increasing the "Slope limit" on your UltimateCharacterLocomotion component (under "Physics")
I've tried climbing on the default unity plane with different physics material - the same result.
Slope limit is also set to 90

In that case it could be an animation issue. Are you using root motion, and any custom animator/animations? You could try editing the Root Transform Position settings in your animation's import settings (find the walking animation FBX and go to the "Animation" tab in the inspector):

1631871166210.png

Specifically, you'll want to bake the root transform Y position into pose and probably use "Original" position.