Player Stats Integration With UCC?

Hi,
I am using both UCC and UIS with the integration installed.

While running through the UIS stand alone demo, I saw that some player stats are included in the InventoryCanvas.
I set up my UCC/UIS project UI with the Stats panel (MaxHP, Attack, Defense) and all weapons categories/definitions have been set up according to the integration video.

The weapons work fine, but the stats panel throws a warning "Player character or it's equipper was not found for attribute stat comparison (DemoCompareAttributeView.cs:57);
if (m_Equipper == null) {
Debug.LogWarning("Player character or it's equipper was not found for attribute stat comparision.", gameObject);
return;
}

How would I approach this? Would I get the player's Equip/Unequip ability somehow, and feed that into the CharacterStatsDisplay script?

The Stats from the UIS demo scene are just an example. They are part of the Demo folder.

The Inventory System does not have a generic solution for stats because we considered it out of scope. Stats can affect so many things in a game: items, character, abilities, dialogue, systems, etc...

So we suggest you create your own stat solution and then integrate it with the Inventory and the character through Attributes, States, etc...

This page is a good starting place:

I have a system started for this wasn't sure where to post it. You can setup some scriptable objects to modify several UCC character attributes from an equipped item attribute. Then just put the main script on your character and your character stats change when you equip something. Still WIP but already pretty capable.

Attachments

• ItemAttributeBridge.cs
    12 KB · Views: 3
  • ItemAttributeBridgeCollection.cs
    404 bytes · Views: 3
  • ItemAttributeBridgeSetting.cs
    1 KB · Views: 3
  • MyItemAttributeBridgeSetting-MaxHealth.asset
    536 bytes · Views: 3