Panning and Zooming Slow

willij

Panning and zooming in my Behavior Designer tab is slow which makes it hard to edit Behavior Trees.
How do I make it faster?

This is not currently adjustable - you're the first feedback that I got that it was slow. Was it faster before? Or did it just recently change? The panning/zooming code hasn't changed in long time so if it used to work better before then chances are something else is causing it.

No, it's been slow for a long time now I just got annoyed enough to ask if there was something I could do.
It becomes normal if I wait a while with the tree open. My big trees have several references to other trees if that matters.

It doesn't happen in my other projects, just in this one with a lot of trees. I'm planning on adding more and more behavior trees so I'm worried the waiting time is just going to keep going up.

If there's nothing to be done I'll just live with it but I thought it'd be dumb if I were waiting around for these trees to load into memory (I'm assuming that's what's going on since after I wait that long time, all the trees become snappy) if there's some setting I can change to make it faster.

So if the tree is small the panning is a normal speed? This does sound like it could be related to loading the objects into memory so there isn't anything that can be done about it. How large is your tree? Also, have you tried another machine just to see if it makes a difference?