Opsive Foundation [RPG Framework]

Good luck with the move and another country, hopefully, it will be exciting for you :)

One thing I was going to ask was if you do make a turn base possible, would it be like
Might and Magic, long ago... you would hit enter to go into turn-based combat.

You wrote " -implement the abilities into Opsive runtime mechanics, because right now i have no idea how to do that cleanly, i would like to use my own way of doing animation but the state machine built by Justin are very complex. "

If you need to make your own way of animation state if it's possible and will get the framework out faster for you?

Would it not be possible to write it as a component Kind of, so you can take it out later and or expand it to include your system and
or use Justin's system, or both even. XD

Life comes first, I am looking forward to the day you can put this out as a beta even.

giving some news, just had internet back this week.

i have greatly simplified the combat because it was too generic and grow in complexity, so for the combat part now each character will have their own action handler i have 2 version that extend actionHandler class:
  • OpsiveActionHandler: it is basically taking a queue of action, like spells skills, and activate them, it block skills when firing guns
  • RpgActionHandler: this is doing same combat like world of warcraft, action are queued if you are in combat and there is no action in queue it will do default attack. every time the action cooldown is ready.

for the animation i also do not use opsive animation, i have a much easier way of doing it which is fine for rpg.
there is a very simple way to replace animation system depending on gameplay wanted.
for now im cleaning up that logic and ensuring the buffs can change the attack speed correctly.

Last edited:
I just came across this and it looks absolutely amazing. I had to scrap my rpg when I was using invector and the rpg because the guy ended up sick and so it never updated with the new controller and I hoped that someone would do this for one of the controllers I have and I have been starting to really like UCC because it seems more powerful. I hope this comes on asset store soon I will, of course, buy it.

pretty well! made some good changes on actions/abilities.
Then yesterday i started factions system, i'm basically copying world of warcraft faction system which allow you to makes groups where character and npcs can joins, these groups can have stances between each other that define if they like, are neutral, feel suspicious, hate other, then each character can have a faction stance modifier.
you can use the stance to define what AI do, like npc will avoid suspicious player but run away from disliked character and attack hated character for example.

i will be making a simple vertical slice of a game when i got most of the systems done:) so i can be sure everything works perfectly on all platforms

Really looking forward to it.

Because I needed to move forward, I'm going another route with my current project, but I'd likely rip things out and replace if this became available before I am done as there is so much I have to force into place currently.

Will the framework only be made for MMOrpgs, or will it involve more "traditionnal" rpg tools too, like Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts licenses ? (A game menu with buttons like Inventory - Characters - Stats - Quests - Abilities etc...)

yes, there will be place holder for ui sysem. how it works is the ui can receive events, like OnCurrencyChange(currencychange data) then you can in few line of code make your own ui widget, or reuse the existing ui scripts with your own ui prefabs.

I am also still excited for this system. It is great to hear it is coming along.
I have stated playing FFXI online again after being away for years. It's fun.

When this is ready I will buy and start back in Unity again.
I am sure TinyTree asset will hit the top of the charts in Unity store very quickly.
This is a great combination, one of the best I suspect it will turn out to be.

Hello! I'm fairly new but super excited to see how your system turns out!! I could be wrong but, I'd suggest considering integrating the work with Pixel Crusher's Dialogue System for Unity, as I think that would save you some heartache from doing a whole new conversation style system. For Personal, selfish reasons, I'd want something like that if I could use dialogue choices to affect NPC standings you're programming and player stats (That way the Dialogue System could also be left in charge of any tedious things that might distract you from the important things like all the RPG elements that most Assets lack.).

I guess what I'm REALLY trying to say is: There are already a lot of great assets that can do some of those other things- but not many that can do what you're trying to do here! So please don't overextend and wear yourself out!

Either way, know that you have YET ANOTHER person with $$$ that's super interested and waiting to see how this all turns out!!!

So please don't overextend and wear yourself out!
Haha this is exactly what i told myself this week, few month ago i realised the project was too complicated, so i rebuilt it from scratch but still salvaged parts that were good like the editor, then came up with new design. the v2 now is more flexible when you are extending it, it has multithreading where it matter, saving, stats calculations and use unity new addressable system. i wanted to use unity new input but that added too much setup to the project so i kept the input system i got.

i will link the project tonight when i got home if some people want to give feedback, but keep in mind its still very buggy and lot of things supposed to change,
  • the npc do not have AI,
  • the scene items and npc do not respawn yet,
  • some animation are missing.
  • combat will require more as its missing features like status effects over time, particles etc.
  • there is no character creation but a simplified version "SkipCharacterCreation" that will just inject 2 default players in the save
  • i haven't re integrated opsive controller yet in the v2

also yes i plan to support the dialogue system and behavior designer.

here it is:

5fa3bf2209a5a69a2ade7363c9ecb21b.gif

the master branch does not include the mechanics for opsive integration but i will add it again soon

Last edited:
@TinyTree ,

Just picking up on this project (as just getting back in to UCC and BD).

It looks amazing and looks like it could really simplify things in game creation if it integrates seamlessly with UCC / TPC and BD.

A couple of questions:-

- With Stats and Abilities, do you have them ordered by Types/Categories and with Abilities also by Active/Passive?

- Your item and inventory system. Will it be saveable-loadable? Item types or categories? Currencies? Crafting? Customisable items at Runtime ie. as with most ARPGs will there be things like socketing in items, affixes/prefixes/suffixes, salvaging, upgrading, that sort of a thing? Merchants? Loot tables? Different party members each having an inventory? NPCs and Monsters carrying items?

- With Items/Inventory, I am conscious that Sangamenko is also building an Inventory System so interested to know the full capabilities of your version too....?

- With Stats and Abilities, will it have buffs and debuffs and over-time effects?

- Classes - multi-classes?

- Race and SubRace and that sort of thing?

Last edited: