NWH Drive integration (Errors / Issues).

JohnG

Hi,

Can you please fix the demo in the integration.

There is a least one missing script (unidentified):

Screenshot 2021-01-27 115215.png
and I am also not sure what you mean by:
Screenshot 2021-01-27 115246.png

I would appreciate the help as the drive ability is one of the most frustrating abilities to get working. The setup documents are incomplete.

It doesn't look like you've imported the input system integration.

I would appreciate the help as the drive ability is one of the most frustrating abilities to get working. The setup documents are incomplete.
Both Andrew and I have independently gone through the drive ability instructions and we successfully setup a new drive ability by following the documentation. If you can list what is incomplete I can take a look.

@Justin

The drive is easy to implement from the perspective of the UCC demo as the instructions that are missing have already already been implemented in the demo scene.

As far as adding the drive from a new character, there is a lot of information missing as per this thread:

Specifically the information supplied by @GearedGeek, who added the doc.

Also, as mentioned, the demo for NWH is broken due to the information in my OP.

When we went through the instructions we started with a new character in a new scene. While the additional steps listed by @GearedGeek are definitely good to perform, they aren't the minimum steps to get it working. I'd rather have a shorter instruction list to reduce the changes for error.

Let's look at it from another perspective. Can you create a new thread with the issues that you are having with the drive ability so we know what is going wrong?

Also, as mentioned, the demo for NWH is broken due to the information in my OP.
The NWH scene contains text that says that you must import the Input System integration. As soon as you do that the demo scene will work. I'll add a note to the documentation that mentions the sample scene requires the input system. NWH only works with the input system.