NullReferenceException

GusMumbo

It's bugging out whenever I click anything related to BD, can't really do any work with it since it won't let me see behavior from BD editor or connect tasks.
Very frustrated with this level of bugs. how can I fix it?
err.png

It looks like it is getting hung up on a task. Are you running the latest version? A temporary work around is to disable the error checker within the preferences dialog (top right of the editor).

Besides that are you able to tell me how to reproduce it from a fresh project or send me a repro scene? You can send me the repro scene via PM or email.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm sure I'm using the most recent BD(1.6).
I'm not allowed to send you related project but I was able to narrow down the issue.
It seems to happen every time I use dynamic variable. If I disconnect all nodes using dynamic variable the error stops showing up.
err.png

As an additional info,
I'm trying to workaround the issue(for now), so I removed all dynamic variables but it's still showing up under the drop-down.
This is going to drive me insane.
err2.png

Ahh, ok. Yeah, that's a bug in 1.6 (I thought that I fixed it on the store version but it's not up yet - waiting for Unity to release 2018.3 first). Send me a PM with your Unity version and I'll send you the fixed version.

I imported the new DB after completely deleting the BD directory and now I can't open an editor(it's greyed out not displaying anything while throwing these errors)
err.png

I think I sent you a version built for 2018.3. Go ahead and try the same download again

This one doesn't throw error and I can set Dynamic Variables(it's super slow when typing variable names btw) but there's still a problem.
BD editor doesn't update(reflect) while in play mode so it's hard for me to check if it's working or not.
err.png

Can you try it in a fresh project? I've been trying to reproduce it but when it is in play mode everything updates. Did you make sure to completely remove the Behavior Designer directory?

So Unity 2018.3 is officially released now and moving my project to that seems to have fixed the issue. Although typing dynamic variable name is still super slow, but at least I'm not getting errors anymore. I haven't yet tested this enough so I'll update if there's still more issues.
Thanks for the help regardless.