NullReferenceException occurs whenever Player kills armed agent

MLipscomb21

Greetings. I am thoroughly enjoying UCC and BD, but I cannot work around this problem. The player can inflict damage until the AI agent's health reaches zero or below. When this occurs, the attached exception appears, the player can no longer attack, and (depending on the model) the arms shake. This only happens when the player is shooting at an armed agent who has either a melee or shootable weapon. This never happens while shooting an unarmed agent.

Please note:
  • It happens with or without BD in a project.
  • I am using my own item collection and verifying that the collection is listed in the Item Set Manager.
  • I use all the default components when creating the player and AI agent.
  • I referred to the Shooting Troublshooting page at https://opsive.com/support/document...roller/items/actions/usable/shootable-weapon/. I verified that the player has plenty of ammo, has the Shootable Weapon/Use Event/Wait for Animation Event box check/unchecked with no change to the problem, and adjusting the Look Sensitivity (even set at -1) does not resolve the issue.
  • Had the problem before the UCC update two weeks ago and still have it after I installed the update. Both Unity 18 and 19.
  • Completely uninstalled Unity and reinstalled. Tried fresh imports of the tools into new projects.
Please help! Thanks

Attachments

• NullReferenceException_Details.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 5
The selector is there, and I changed it to each of the options and received the same error. I attached a screenshot of that foldout.

ItemComponent-UnEquipCapture.PNG

Hmm, that error is pointing to a null selector so something isn't initializing properly. Can you send me a PM with a repro scene so I can take a closer look at it?