Null Ref when selecting variables in the BT variable inspector

Skuuulzy

Hello,

First let me thank you for this very good system ! I enjoy working with it so much !

I just have a small issue:
When i select some of my shared variables in the BT variables tabs, the variable do not unfold and i get this null ref:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.VariableInspector.LeftMouseDown (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.IVariableSource variableSource, BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorSource behaviorSource, UnityEngine.Vector2 mousePosition, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] variablePosition, System.Single variableStartPosition, UnityEngine.Vector2 scrollPosition, System.Int32& selectedVariableIndex, System.String& selectedVariableName, System.Int32& selectedVariableTypeIndex) (at <33698a65ef7845d3aed7bcc184ec5a2e>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.VariableInspector.LeftMouseDown (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.IVariableSource variableSource, BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorSource behaviorSource, UnityEngine.Vector2 mousePosition) (at <33698a65ef7845d3aed7bcc184ec5a2e>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.BehaviorDesignerWindow.HandleEvents () (at <33698a65ef7845d3aed7bcc184ec5a2e>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.BehaviorDesignerWindow.OnGUI () (at <33698a65ef7845d3aed7bcc184ec5a2e>:0)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition) (at <1f61d5eefcc74dff84f661b4a4dc8479>:0)
UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <1f61d5eefcc74dff84f661b4a4dc8479>:0)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <1f61d5eefcc74dff84f661b4a4dc8479>:0)
I can provide the full stack if necessary.
This happens even with SharedFloat.

This is a bit annoying because i want to edit the tooltip and move the order. Even when i try to recreate news variables i get the same error.

Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• Screenshot_9.png
    Screenshot_9.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_10.png
    Screenshot_10.png
    271.6 KB · Views: 7
Glad you are enjoying Behavior Designer!

Does that error occur in a fresh project? I just tried to reproduce it but wasn't able to. What version of Unity are you using?

Are you able to repro and send me a smaller scene that shows this issue? I'm not sure what would cause that error.

Does a package containing the trees and custom nodes suits ? I cannot provide you the scene i'm working on, i work for a game company and i don't think i'm allowed to give you anything else...

I will need a way to reproduce it, so the best case scenario is being able to send a package without any custom code or objects. But it may be caused by some other code so I would need that in order to figure out what is happening. One way would be to start with a new scene and to build up to the tree to figure out what is causing the issue. This isn't a runtime error so the tree doesn't need to actually function.

You can then email your repro package to support@opsive.com.