Nav Mesh vs A* Pathfinding

I always have used the Unity Nav Mesh for the AI. With UCC2 and BD I'm also using it but I'm wondering which system is better (Nav Mesh or A* Pathfinding)
As the Moment pack is integrated with A* Pathfinding I was wondering if moving to this. My game is 3rd person aventure / shooter style, with lots of interior level designs like rooms / stairs, etc... but not difficult to navigate. Actually with Patrol / Seek ,et.. on the Movement pack (Unity Nav Mesh) the agent is moving quite good, but let's say in 10% of the turns it get stuck in a very easy navigation (for instance trying to reach the next waypoint that is on the other side of a room, with a very easy entrance).

Any thoughts / experience about moving from NAvMesh to A* Pathfinding with BD Movement Pack?
Does really improves the navigation?
And about the performance, is it better or worst?

Thanks.

I'm just another customer but I saw your question and thought I might chime in. I got A* back in June and haven't looked back since. It is a much, much more powerful pathfinding system than Nav Mesh. It's pricey for the pro version of A* and it definitely took me a couple days to learn how to use, but in my opinion it's worth it. Your AI's ability to navigate your map will be far improved.

Thanks @digitalOctopus!! , do you use it integrated with Movement Pack, right?

One more thing, does it allow you avoidance system between agents? What I'm watching now is that my agents got stack running on the some location when they are for example 3 or 4 together trying to cross a door. If they cross the door one by one is fine with the unity navmesh, but as soon as 3 or 4 try to cross at the same time they get blocked.... and some similar issues....

Yeah, I'm using the 3 add on packs currently available (excitedly awaiting 2.1 and the agility add-on/other add-ons!)

The Formations pack is pretty cool as well. Very handy for having a party of characters who travel together but if you don't want them running into each other.

I haven't personally gotten around to putting enough NPCs in my game to run into this issue yet, but I know that the pro version of A* has local avoidance as well as some path smoothing algorithms to help avoid things like getting stuck on 90 corners, etc.