My toggle group's selected status got cancelled when cursor on item slot

Jakuri

Hi, I just made a toggle group for switching from each character's equip slot, but when I move cursor to an item slot, the toggle's selected status will be canceled. How can I avoid this?

I tried unchecking ItemViewSlot prefab's "Select On Pointer Enter" checkbox, but the UI goes weird and when I trying to equip/unequip items using drag and drop, the toggle's selected status still will be canceled.

I just want my toggle group be independent, not affected by item slots. Can you help fix this?

Attachments

• Unity 2021-12-30 00-53-30-86.zip
    771.7 KB · Views: 0
I'm might be understanding this incorrectly but Toggles are Unity UI Selectables. In Unity only one Selectable can be selected at a time because of the UI EventSystem component.

Are you perhaps refering not to selecting, but keep the toggle state of the toggle group? Perhaps you are confusing the toggle value with the toggle selection? These are two different things.

In any case the Unity Toggle Group isn't very good, I'd recommend making a custom one. Here is a good youtube video tutorial on how to make a custom toggle group: