Movement on camera change question.

CurioShelf

Good morning,
I've been bonking my head this morning trying to figure this out. Any advice would be very helpful.
When I am using the static camera in a UCC project everything is working great. W moves away from the camera A moves toward etc...
The problem begins when a character walks across a custom trigger that then parents the UCC camera to a dummy camera where the UCC camera adopts adopts the dummy camera's transform and rotation.
In the moment of transition if I am still holding down a direction button the camera swap will cause an immediate direction change (as it is programmed to do) but can cause the character to walk in the opposite direction they were going.
Where in UCC can I change it so that when the camera's transform changes the direction the character is moving continues in that direction until a button is released. Basically delay the update of the inputs until the current input is complete.
See the video below for what it is currently doing. Let me know if you have any questions.. It's hard to explain but much clearer

UCC camera to a dummy camera where the UCC camera adopts adopts the dummy camera's transform and rotation.
The UCC camera is not designed to be a child of any other GameObject. If you are wanting a custom functionality with the camera I recommend creating a new view type as it will give you a lot more flexibility. My guess is that when the camera transitions the Movement Type rotation method is getting confused because of the reparenting.
Where in UCC can I change it so that when the camera's transform changes the direction the character is moving continues in that direction until a button is released. Basically delay the update of the inputs until the current input is complete.
This isn't built in so you'll need to create a new Movement Type which does this.