Mouse Pointer Question

MrQuaid

Hi, I have a general question on the best way to implement a pause menu with UCC. I currently use Pixel's dialogue system to and with that there is a Converse ability that enables the mouse and coupled with pause allows for menu interaction. It all works fine in terms of allowing the player to press a button, enable mouse, pause game, interact and unpause. The only issue I have is once its unpaused the mouse icon remains visible until the player left or right clicks. I can disable the Converse ability but still unless the player clicks the mouse will remain visible.

I tried implementing a script to refresh the Unity Input manager after pause but it didn't help. Do you have any ideas or best practices to enable mouse, pause game and return to game with mouse hidden?

From a code perspective you can set Cursor.visible = false but the Converse ability ends but this ability should disable it again after it was enabled.

Do you have DisableCursor enabled within UnityInput?

Hi, there were some other scripts messing with this. I was able to locate them and disable them and all seems to work fine now. thanks

How did you solve this? I have a similar issue where I press a resume button and have to right click in the game to get the camera rotation working with the mouse