Mouse Input

ToTheHilt

Hello, I could be missing something obvious but I'm not seeing it in any of the tutorials or documentation. I want raw mouse input because my game will be first person and only played on PC. I want it as responsive as possible. After I go about creating a character if I set mouse input to to raw on the Unity Input component on the character I get horribly unresponsive controls that randomly begin to circle even when I've stopped moving the mouse and let go of the directional controls. I then went to the first person demo scene and the same thing happens there with the demo character. Also, if I'm in either scene and I switch the input back to smoothing the controls get even worse and the character will spin for long periods even when I'm not pressing or moving anything and this can only be fixed by reloading the scene. Thanks.

Do you have another controller connected? Unity's input manager doesn't handle unknown joysticks very well so I highly recommend integrating an asset such as Rewired.

Nope, I have only my mouse plugged into my PC. I figured it out it seems if I have the character selected in the scene while or after I've switch the mouse input it's just incredibly laggy and so I need to select a different object or I get what looks like inputs being pressed even after I've stopped pressing anything.

Last edited:
Maybe this post is related?