More than 1 trigger time with Detect Object Ability

Keplerians

Hello!

First of all I am using the latest version of third person Controller, updated yesterday.

I've been testing a floating buttons system for a few days to execute Abilities.

At the moment I am trying with doors, but the idea is to apply it to other type of Abilities.

Well, now the problem I have is that the ability base to detect objects does not detect more than 1 trigger at a time (is set to be able to detect 3 triggers max).

I have my ability that inherits from "Interact", since I intend to use the OnTriggerEnter and Exit events and keep a list of buttons updating in the position of each action in the world, based on that triggers (reading its data about the action, etc).

I hope you can understand the problem and help me :)

Thanks in advance!

It should be able to detect multiple triggers. Does DetectObjectAbilityBase.TriggerEnter successfully add the triggers? My guess is that a condition could be preventing them from being added.

Thanks for your response.

If I put "return true" always in my overrided Validate function (I am using a copied version of Interact Ability for my Ability), then It can detect more than 1 trigger correctly, but sometimes when I exit both triggers, only detects 1 exit. Any idea?

I get to detect those triggers by myself and works properly, but since I am using "TryStartAbility" from each floating button when I click them, I need to have the Ability detecting triggers also correctly so it allows to start the ability...

Hope you can understand the problem. I didnt change any code, I am just debugging the triggers list from the ability for now...

Thanks!

If you can place a breakpoint/log within TriggerEnter that would be extremely helpful to determine why it's not picking up the correct triggers. Alternatively if you can tell me how to reproduce it within the demo scene.

Thanks, any chance you can tell me how to reproduce it within the demo scene?

where do you look the triggers list?

I am doing:

ButtonActionsManager.instance.triggers = m_DetectedTriggerObjects;

every OnTrigger event, so I can check it in my manager...

I am going to check what happens in your demo scene.

That looks like the correct trigger objects. If you can tell me how to repro it within the demo scene that would be great!

Since we are still in a prototype stage, we managed to make it work with our own triggers detection. But still could happen that the ability cant be started if the triggers list from the ability and my own triggers list doesnt match.

When our project is in a more advanced stage. I will come back to clean this part, and then I will create a clean project with the demo and send you if still happens there... because maybe is a configuration issue and I just need more experience with the plugin, who knows :)