Memory leak on unity 2022.2.1f1c1

yupengfei

After set up the character and expand the Ultimate Character Locomotion in inspector window, this is a memory leak and the UI becomes laggy.

Attachments

• 20230111222028-record.zip
    787.6 KB · Views: 2
I would report this issue to Unity. I just tried it in 2022.2 and didn't have an issue so it is likely something specific with your project. Unity will better be able to debug this since it is likely a Visual Elements issue.

I would report this issue to Unity. I just tried it in 2022.2 and didn't have an issue so it is likely something specific with your project. Unity will better be able to debug this since it is likely a Visual Elements issue.
Do you have any idea on what should I do for now, like reinstall my Unity or something else?

Unfortunately this is likely something within UIElements on your particular machine since I'm not able to reproduce it. Maybe try a different Unity version?

Unfortunately this is likely something within UIElements on your particular machine since I'm not able to reproduce it. Maybe try a different Unity version?
OK, I will try. Everything goes well until the Ultimate Character Locomotion tab expanded.

It is so confusing. I rename the fbx from atlas to player, then it works, the generated Ultimate Character Locomotion tab is not laggy anymore. And I rename it back to atlas, and follow exactly the same procedure, just a few clicks, and the generated Ultimate Character Locomotion tab is laggy again.
I use player as its name and move on, there comes an error say Item Slot Set type mismatch from UltimateInventorySystem panel, and everything goes wrong, the generated Ultimate Character Locomotion tab starts to be laggy, even if I rollback to previous version. And I rename the fbx from player to foo, it works again.

It is so confusing. I rename the fbx from atlas to player, then it works, the generated Ultimate Character Locomotion tab is not laggy anymore. And I rename it back to atlas, and follow exactly the same procedure, just a few clicks, and the generated Ultimate Character Locomotion tab is laggy again.
I use player as its name and move on, there comes an error say Item Slot Set type mismatch from UltimateInventorySystem panel, and everything goes wrong, the generated Ultimate Character Locomotion tab starts to be laggy, even if I rollback to previous version. And I rename the fbx from player to foo, it works again.
Now it becomes more confusing, I rename the new generated object to player, the generated Ultimate Character Locomotion tab becomes laggy, then I rename it to something else, it is not laggy. Is there something cached in file? restart Unity does not solve the problem.

That's really strange. The code doesn't know what the model file name is so it shouldn't matter. The Ultimate Character Locomotion doesn't even reference the model file and nothing is cached related to the model. I am glad that you found a workaround but I would report this to Unity if you are consistently able to reproduce it.

Have you tried a different Unity version? If so, do you have a different machine to test out? This could help you narrow down the issue.

That's really strange. The code doesn't know what the model file name is so it shouldn't matter. The Ultimate Character Locomotion doesn't even reference the model file and nothing is cached related to the model. I am glad that you found a workaround but I would report this to Unity if you are consistently able to reproduce it.

Have you tried a different Unity version? If so, do you have a different machine to test out? This could help you narrow down the issue.
1. Smooth,then I rename it to Player
2. laggy, then I rename it to F, or any other name except Player and Atlas, which has once caused laggy.
3. Smooth again

It is so strange, I can reproduce it. And I have tried Unity 2023. I can try another machine if you need.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.png
    2.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.png
    3.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 2
I would report this to Unity - the inspectors are not aware of the GameObject name and maybe throughout the rename something isn't being initialized properly.

I would report this to Unity - the inspectors are not aware of the GameObject name and maybe throughout the rename something isn't being initialized properly.
Thank you, hope the component can be named as Player by the time that my game released :LOL: