matching animations

talkingheads

first of all thanks again for such a great asset and I am sorry if this is something obvious that I am missing, as have not used this asset in a while. for a prototype of a game I am reusing the demo animations and have used the pistol animation for the object that my avatar is using, I have arms for both first and third person set to combat. The issue I have is that the object my character is holding is a camera, which has a Unity Camera attached and the Unity Camera sends an image to a raw texture in my UI. When I switch between first and third views the arms are in a different pose which mean the camera is in a different place. How is the simplest way to get the hands in the exact same position when moving from first to third?

thanks so much,

Keith

I realise I asked a similar question in November last year and the answer why they don't match is a visual thing to get the arms in frame in first person view. For this project the matching is more important than the visibility of the arms as you will see what the character's camera is looking at in a second viewport

Happy to hear that you're enjoying the character controller.

When in a third person perspective you are not looking at the hands from the same angle as when you are looking at them from a first person perspective so there will be a little offset. In addition the hands are positioned in first person they are higher than they would be on the third person character (if for example you are looking straight ahead in real life you don't see your arms as much as you do in a first person view).

You could probably get pretty close by positioning the camera directly behind the character in third person view and then also adjusting the Position Offset on the First Person Objects component.