lot of 'override' error after update

wakatanka

Hello, i've just updated BD from 1.5.8 to latest on unity 2018.4 LTS (i've deleted BD directory before import the new one).
I've got some of this errors in console:

BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks.StackedAction.OnDrawNodeText()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
`BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks.StackedConditional.OnDrawNodeText()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks.Unity.UnityAnimator.SetLookAtPosition.OnAnimatorIK()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

and so on for various file.

How can i solve it?

thanks so much

Behavior Designer doesn't support version 2018.4 - the earliest version is 2019.4. With that said, it doesn't look like all of the files were completely updated. As a test I would create a new project to just see it working and then transfer it to your existing project.

Well, i've updated my project to 2020.3.x. Deleted BD and imported the last version, no more errors. Now i've to recover my behaviours. From old project i've exported my three behaviours, moved to the new project and when i open this with the editor, i've got this errors:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
BinaryDeserialization.LoadTask (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.TaskSerializationData taskSerializationData, BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.FieldSerializationData fieldSerializationData, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks.Task]& taskList, BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorSource& behaviorSource) (at Assets/Plugins/Behavior Designer/Runtime/BinaryDeserialization.cs:277)
BinaryDeserialization.Load (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.TaskSerializationData taskData, BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorSource behaviorSource) (at Assets/Plugins/Behavior Designer/Runtime/BinaryDeserialization.cs:99)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorSource.CheckForSerialization (System.Boolean force, BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorSource behaviorSource) (at Assets/Plugins/Behavior Designer/Runtime/BehaviorSource.cs:76)
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.GraphDesigner.Load (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorSource behaviorSource, System.Boolean loadPrevBehavior, UnityEngine.Vector2 nodePosition) (at <3e10a08b154b4305bb4cf73417503b8b>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.BehaviorDesignerWindow.LoadBehavior (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorSource behaviorSource, System.Boolean loadPrevBehavior, System.Boolean inspectorLoad) (at <3e10a08b154b4305bb4cf73417503b8b>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.BehaviorDesignerWindow.LoadBehavior (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorSource behaviorSource, System.Boolean loadPrevBehavior) (at <3e10a08b154b4305bb4cf73417503b8b>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Editor.BehaviorDesignerWindow.BehaviorSelectionCallback (System.Object obj) (at <3e10a08b154b4305bb4cf73417503b8b>:0)
UnityEditor.GenericMenu.CatchMenu (System.Object userData, System.String[] options, System.Int32 selected) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/GenericMenu.cs:125)

is there a way to recover this? They are huge, and rewrite form scretch it will be a mess.

thanks

i've attached my exported file.

Attachments

• Simulazione1.asset
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
I know that the serialization was going through changes towards the end of the 1.5.x versions. I can't remember now what version it all changed in. In order to update you have to use a slightly older version that supports the old serialization, and also likely an older version of Unity.

Ok, please where can i get old versions? On the asset store there is only 1.7.4, i wanna try to update version by version and increase unity version too. My behaviours is too big to re-set by hand on a new copy.

I have a version 1.6.1 that I will send you a link to, though I don't have any other previous versions. I am not sure what version of Unity 1.6.1 supports but I am guessing it is around Unity 2018.