left hand grenade at any time

MarkusKer

hello,

i am trying to throw an grenade at any time with the left hand. i have seen the documentation and recreated it, but nothing happens and nothing can be equipped. i wonder if i have built the item the right way as there are no clear instructions on how wo build the left handed grenade. Am i supposed to use the primary or the secondary grenades type?

Thanks,
Markus

The unequipped grenade uses the secondary grenade type. It can be used by adding a second Use ability that then uses the item within slot 1. Take a look at this page for further info on setting up the item set manager to be used with this setup (the demo scene is also a great resource):

Hello,

i set up the grenade as in the documentation, still nothing happens. i hope the attached screenshots are helpfull somehow.
I would be really thankfull if the problem could be solved :)

Best regards,
Markus

Attachments

• grenade.PNG
    grenade.PNG
    51.6 KB · Views: 30
  • inventory.PNG
    inventory.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 27
  • item ability.PNG
    item ability.PNG
    32.8 KB · Views: 27
I can't see anything wrong with your screenshots - can you insert a breakpoint within Use.CanStartAbility to determine why the Use ability isn't able to be started?

Hello

I am stuck for several days in the same state.
The settings are almost the same as MarkusKer.

When I compared the demo scene with my scene, I found that the flag grenade was set to Slot1 in the inventory display in the demo, but it was not set in my scene.
Is MarkusKer the same display?

I tried several settings, but the LeftHandSecondaryGrenade category cannot be enabled at the same time as the Weapons category.
I guess there may be items that have not been set

Inventory.png

Last edited:
In order for that new category to be equipped you'll need to ensure that you have a second Equip Unequip ability. This ability should be set to the Left Hand Secondary Grenade category. You'll also then likely want to have the Equip Next and Equip Previous abilities for that category (this is why in the demo scene there are three sets of equip abilities).

Thank you very much. I solved it.
As Justin says, I was missing the ability setting.
I will post a screenshot of that part.
I hope MarkusKer will solve it.

Attachments

• LeftHandEquipAbb.PNG
    LeftHandEquipAbb.PNG
    40.1 KB · Views: 39
I am facing the issue that the grenade gets thrown correctly with the left hand but somehow the throwable grenade seems to spawn not in the left hand and also gets thrown from behind the player.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Markus

That is likely timing related on the use event - you'll want to ensure that the event is sent at the peak of the throwing motion.

I played with the setting but it did not get me any further. I made an screenshot showing the problem more clearly. The grenade follows the hand but at the point of throwing the grenade it seems to appear behind the back of the player and be thrown from there. I looked at it more closly and figured out that this only happens if i am looking someway up. Looking straight forward or looking down does not seem to cause this.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    477.3 KB · Views: 15