Item View Slot Restrictions Bug

Sekto007

Hello,

I have identified a bug that occurs in my scene with the Item View Slot Restrictions and it also is happening in the UCC Integration demo scene - if you drag an item that is supposed to be restricted from being equipped in your equipped inventory - it will correctly not allow you to equip it, but the box remains green on item drag over (doesn't turn red) and it deletes it from the inventory after you try to place it in your equipment - since the "CanAddItem" function returns false. The return of false on CanAddItem is the only thing that is working in this sequence of operations.

The example I use in the both the demo scene and in my personal scene is that I take Assault Rifle Ammunition (Consumable Category) and place it in the right hand of the UCC Character (norman). Just to be clear on this also, my game object representing the item view slot in question has a Item View Slot Category Restriction component attached to it which correctly says that only items of type Category "Weapon" may be added (using inherently)

What would be the remedy for this situation? I'd really like to not have to adjust your source code if possible.

Thanks,

I figured this out. I had to modify the Item View Slot Drop Action Set conditions in order to fix this issue.

In the demo scene, in the "Integration Demo Item View Slot Drop Action Set" there is a condition in Slot Index 2 (third item in the sequence of conditions). This needed to have a second condition added to it that in addition to comparing the names of the collections it also needed to be able to check if it CAN add the item in general - this was missing from the demo scene.

Please find attached screen shot for other developers who are possibly struggling with this one. Perhaps the developers at Opsive can update the integration demo scene to be bug free in the future.

Attached is the screenshot and highlighted the condition I added to fix.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-30 210421.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-30 210421.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 5
Good job finding this bug in the demo scene, I completely missed it. I made the change in my project

A few people have also gotten issues because their Item View Slot Containers were not named correctly... So in a future update I might create some custom conditions/actions code specific to the Integration.

Good job finding this bug in the demo scene, I completely missed it. I made the change in my project

A few people have also gotten issues because their Item View Slot Containers were not named correctly... So in a future update I might create some custom conditions/actions code specific to the Integration.
Cool... thanks for that.