Item Exchange Causing Disappearance

cybernetsurfer7

I have a situation where I have an inventory and an equipment window. When I try to replace a piece of equipment with another, the one in the equipment slot fails to return to the main inventory. Here's a quick video of it.

Inventory setup (Note it's using both Return Overflow and New Item Priority)
1642109545818.png

The drop handler for the equipment menu 1642109588774.png

I've also tried it just using the SmartExchange action but it does the same thing.

Any assistance would be great, thanks.

I'm not quite sure why it doesn't work. I tested it in the demo scene and it seems to work for me (although I don't have the return overflow ticked on, because it has been replaced by something new in the update that should come out very shortly )

I wonder if the problem is that the item disapears because it is removed, or because the Inventory Grid simply isn't being drawn again after the exchange. Try checking your Inventory contents within the inspector to make sure it isn't the latter. If that's the case make sure your Inventory Grid has all the options ticked to update on Inventory changes.

Doubled checked the inventory in the inspector and the item is definitely being removed. The lost item does not appear in either the equipment or the main. (missing item here being the knight boots)

1642181319336.png

1642181332172.png

We just released an update a few hours ago. Could you please update to the latest version and let me know if this is still an issue. There is now a new option to overflow the item that is being replaced. That might help you with this issue

Got it updated. These are the inventory settings I used:
1642185852484.png

1642185872455.png

Unfortunately, the item is still being removed when trying to do a replace with drag/drop.

This may or may not be valuable, but when hovering to replace an item, it does show the item to be returned in the inventory and the new item transparent in the slot. But then when letting go to perform the drop, the replace happens and the item is removed from the inventory (at least that's what the order of operations seems to be).

1642186541926.png

Ok now here's something! I switched the drop functionality Action to ContainerSmartExchange and NOW it's working as expected! Previously it was not and I tried out the InventoryExchange as noted above (which also had the same issue). Looks like the library update and the new option toggles is the thing that fixed this one. Thank you so much!

I'm glad you got it fixed. I will need to look into this in a lot more detail once I have more since there defenitly seems like there is something that is off.