Issue with Invisible Hands in First-Person Perspective

FouriusCraft

Recently, I purchased the Ultimate Character Movement asset in Unity. I've been following a tutorial on YouTube, but I'm encountering an issue where the character's hands aren't visible when I switch to the first-person perspective. Have I missed a step or is there something else I need to do to fix this?

It doesn't look like your camera has a child First Person Camera. Are you using the built in render pipeline? Did you run the scene setup from the editor?

The video tutorials are up to date with the current version. The videos do go in order though so for example you will need to make sure you watch the scene setup video before setting up your character. I believe that was the problem with your last question.

With that said, I do plan on creating new videos such as how to create a grenade or magic item.
Thank you for your response. I tried your suggestion by using the scene manager and then creating a new Unity project from scratch. I followed the video tutorials on YouTube:

1. The first video was about Project and Scene Setup.
  2. The second video was about First Person Character Creation.
  3. The third video was about Item Type Creation in the Ultimate Character Controller.[link]
  4. The fourth video was about First Person Item Creation.

Here is a video recording from the start of installing a new project Unity to the end of the tutorial
However, despite following the instructions in the videos, my results did not match what was shown in the videos. For example:

• The character's hands appeared inverted.
    1684498837957.png
  • There were two weapons instead of one.
    1684498885537.png
I'm not sure where I went wrong, but I assure you that I followed the instructions provided in the videos

Last edited:
I am going to merge this with your other post since it's more related to that.

The head is invisible because you created a camera with a both perspective but the character is only in a first person perspective. Do you want just a first person character? If so make sure when you are adding the camera you select the first person perspective and not both. This will likely solve the duplicate arms issue as well.

It doesn't look like your camera has a child First Person Camera. Are you using the built in render pipeline? Did you run the scene setup from the editor?

I am going to merge this with your other post since it's more related to that.

The head is invisible because you created a camera with a both perspective but the character is only in a first person perspective. Do you want just a first person character? If so make sure when you are adding the camera you select the first person perspective and not both. This will likely solve the duplicate arms issue as well.
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your effort in merging my previous post with this one as they are related. I understand now that the reason for the invisible head was due to creating a camera with both a perspective view instead of just a first-person perspective. I will make sure to select the first-person perspective when adding the camera, which should resolve the issue with the duplicate arms as well.

I want to express my gratitude for your assistance and clarification. Your explanation has been helpful in understanding the problem better. Thank you once again for your support