[ISSUE] ["Movement" ADD-ON] Bug in the Patrol task with the NavMesh?

When I try to have a NavMesh dragon patrol, the Unity Console throws me this error:

"GetRemainingDistance" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.
UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshAgent:get_remainingDistance()
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks.Movement.NavMeshMovement:HasArrived() (at Assets/Behavior Designer Movement/Scripts/Tasks/NavMeshMovement.cs:104)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks.Movement.Patrol:OnUpdate() (at Assets/Behavior Designer Movement/Scripts/Tasks/Patrol.cs:45)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager:RunTask(BehaviorTree, Int32, Int32, TaskStatus)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager:Tick(BehaviorTree)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager:Tick()
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager:Update()
I don't know what the problem is; I've baked the NavMesh on the floor, recreated the Avatar for the dragon, and run through the code in the task, and I don't know what to do. Please help!

Also, if you need it, here's a screenshot (sorry for not full Unity, image was too big if I didn't cut down):

1549419485368.png

Attachments

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
That error is coming from the Unity side of things and it generally means that the navmesh isn't baked. I know that you said that you baked the navmesh but I have only seen that error when the navmesh isn't baked.

That error is coming from the Unity side of things and it generally means that the navmesh isn't baked. I know that you said that you baked the navmesh but I have only seen that error when the navmesh isn't baked.
Thank you. I'll try baking it again.

(EDIT:
1549933554603.png
Welp. It's already baked. Not sure what to do. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Also, thanks again, Justin.)

Last edited:

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
Where is your agent located? Is it on the navmesh? Beyond that I would try just a regular plane similar to the demo scene to get that aspect working, and then slowly moving up from there.

The agent is the dragon and is on the NavMesh. I'll try the plane idea though. Thanks.

(EDIT: I tried the plane, and I got the same errors. Although I just noticed a warning worth mentioning: "Failed to create agent because it is not close enough to the NavMesh". Probably the problem, but I have one question: Is right on top of it not close enough or something? I'm thinking about reporting a bug to Unity, although it may not be a bug; not sure yet.)

Last edited: