Is there any more documentation on the tactical pack?

ToTheHilt

Hello, I'm having difficulties getting almost anything to work in the tactical pack is this all of the documentation there is for it https://opsive.com/support/documentation/behavior-designer-tactical-pack/interfaces/ ? Will it not work with a solo agent? I'm unsure of what to do with variables like Agents Per Row and Separation and since I have those at 1 and 0, 0, 0 because I only want to use this behavior on one agent it's not clear if that's breaking things.

I first got Attack to work by implementing everything but if I then replace Attack with Shoot and Scoot with the same target on the same agent then the agent either circles me in a buggy fashion or stops a distance away from me and never attacks. If I replace that with Marching Fire nothing happens at all. To start I was hoping to create a behavior like Doom's original zombie men where they shoot then zig zag a bit towards the player then shoot again etc.

That is all of the documentation because it is generally just add the task and set the leader then you're done. When you are first getting started with it take a look at the demo scene for an example setup.

The Tactical Pack is designed for attacking in formation so it does require multiple agents. A leader needs to be specified and that leader does not have the leader field filled in, and then all of the other agents point to that leader.

Ok, I guess I will just use it as a guide to make my own tasks then because I only want the behavior on a single agent.

On a side note I have what I think is a bug. My player has a custom head bob move animation based on it's movement speed. It works fine and has been working fine but if I'm playing the scene and I select the enemy ai and go to the Behavior Designer tab my character's head bob animation is continually called and seems to be jumping between that animation and idle. This happens under no other conditions except when the scene is playing and I select the enemy ai's behavior tree to watch it.

On a side note I have what I think is a bug. My player has a custom head bob move animation based on it's movement speed. It works fine and has been working fine but if I'm playing the scene and I select the enemy ai and go to the Behavior Designer tab my character's head bob animation is continually called and seems to be jumping between that animation and idle. This happens under no other conditions except when the scene is playing and I select the enemy ai's behavior tree to watch it.
It sounds like your framerate is low. Behavior Designer uses IMGUI which is slow when it draws a lot of items so make sure you don't have the task list open in the editor.

It sounds like your framerate is low. Behavior Designer uses IMGUI which is slow when it draws a lot of items so make sure you don't have the task list open in the editor.
Getting about 50 fps in my scene with the behavior tree open. It does drop me to about 35 fps with the task list selected and gets considerably laggier. But even with the behavior/inspector/variable windows open I still get the stuttering walk animation on repeat.