Is complete BD training available anywhere?

thretch

There are beginner tutorials on your site, and scattered random ones all over the web, but do you offer, or can you recommend complete and thorough training in BD and its add-ons (tactical, etc.)? I need something that when I'm finished I know nearly everything about BD, to the point where I could teach it to my fellow devs.

The online materials at the moment have so many knowledge gaps, and repeatedly googling things like "behavior designer surround tutorial" , is no help at all.

The most thorough one I have found so far is https://thestrangeschool.vhx.tv/products/easy-awesome-ai-with-behavior-designer but not being an expert, I can't tell how comprehensive this is.

thanks
Thretch

The Strange School tutorial is great at showing the general flow of behavior trees. Another good example is this one:

There are no videos that I am aware of that go through the Formations or Tactical Packs. The demo scene is the best resource for these as they show how the tasks are setup.

After having gone through nearly 2/3 of the Strange School BD videos, I can NOT recommend it to anyone. The instructor frequently forgets how various BD tasks work (or what they even do), frequently makes mistakes during the course of "teaching", and the supreme icing on the cake is the setup. It's one thing to get BD installed and begin teaching, but the instructor has you go through the installation of half a dozen interdependent packages that, if any one of them should have a problem, will cause even the very first lesson to be unapproachable.

Top if off with wretched customer support (a week after my first inquiry, I get ONE message from them stating that they don't know why I'm having trouble getting started (see my previous comment about installation).

1 of 5 stars. Save your money! Wait until Opsive comes up with thorough training/docs of their own.

Last edited: