Integrating the formations pack with the deathmatch AI kit

serkai

Hi Justin,

What's the best way to start using the formations pack with the deatmatch AI kit? I was able to get my UCC humanoid agents to form formations exactly as the demo scene included with the formations pack suggests.

With the deathmatch AI kit however I can't seem to get the AI agents to follow the leader or form a formation, other than the default forma a V behind the leader task.

Here is a screenshot using the deathmatch AI kit team behaviour with a column formations as a quick example of what I would like the agents to do. As you can see the leader object is set on the formation but the agents aren't following the leader or forming a column. I've tried a bunch of things with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.55.56.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.55.56.png
    884.2 KB · Views: 1
Version 1 of the Deathmatch AI Kit had integration with the Formations Pack but it didn't get much use so I didn't bring that over to version 2. With that said, the included V Formation task within the Deathmatch AI Kit provides a good example of what you need to do to integrate it. The trick is to register the agent with the deathmatch manager.

Thanks Justin I think I've got it working. Formations are awesome! Next I'll try working on integrating tactics too.