• We are looking for a content creator to help market our assets and a future unannounced project. More details are on this page.

Integrating the formations pack with the deathmatch AI kit

serkai

Hi Justin,

What's the best way to start using the formations pack with the deatmatch AI kit? I was able to get my UCC humanoid agents to form formations exactly as the demo scene included with the formations pack suggests.

With the deathmatch AI kit however I can't seem to get the AI agents to follow the leader or form a formation, other than the default forma a V behind the leader task.

Here is a screenshot using the deathmatch AI kit team behaviour with a column formations as a quick example of what I would like the agents to do. As you can see the leader object is set on the formation but the agents aren't following the leader or forming a column. I've tried a bunch of things with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.55.56.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.55.56.png
    884.2 KB · Views: 1

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
Version 1 of the Deathmatch AI Kit had integration with the Formations Pack but it didn't get much use so I didn't bring that over to version 2. With that said, the included V Formation task within the Deathmatch AI Kit provides a good example of what you need to do to integrate it. The trick is to register the agent with the deathmatch manager.

serkai

Thanks Justin I think I've got it working. Formations are awesome! Next I'll try working on integrating tactics too.