IK foot doing strange things

Haytam95

Hi

Sometime ago, i created a post where i've some problems with IK. Basically, this guy does this:

I tried adjusting the capsule collider and with other animations and he keeps doing it:

I'm out of ideas, i tried playing around with the capsule collider (If i make the capsule shorter, then the problem stops but the legs look weird)

What does it look like if CharacterIK is disabled? My guess is that this is somehow related to the animation and not IK.

What does it look like if CharacterIK is disabled? My guess is that this is somehow related to the animation and not IK.

Like this:

1572036479532.png

(Left is using different animation than right)

1572036561687.png

But when i change the animation on the right:

1572036579511.png

Since IK is disabled that looks like it is something related to the animation. Maybe @Sarah can chime in with any ideas that she has.

What does you animation look like the the preview window? Can you send a screenshot of your animation settings? Also is the animator in the correct state?

What does you animation look like the the preview window? Can you send a screenshot of your animation settings? Also is the animator in the correct state?

Sure thing.

image.png

image.png

I had the "Foot IK" disabled before, i completly forgot to turn it on. Now it's working better, not perfect but now i think it's because the animation.

Please let me know if you see something weird, but i think it's all set now!

Thanks Justin & Sarah

Ok great, glad it is working now! I don't see anything weird in the screenshots you sent so looks good.