i have a issue

Hagridtheblack

Hi, i have some issues, when instal everything:

Assets\Opsive\DeathmatchAIKit\Demo\Scripts\UI\ItemWheelMonitor.cs(28,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PlayerInput' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets\Opsive\DeathmatchAIKit\Demo\Scripts\UI\ItemWheelMonitor.cs(9,46): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Input' does not exist in the namespace 'Opsive.UltimateCharacterController' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

thanks for your help

Last edited:
Do you have the controller imported and are you using the latest version? PlayerInput is within the Shared folder.

Good afternoon, thanks for answering.
Everything was installed in a new project.
Everything is in the latest version of the respective programs.
Unity version 2019.4.1.6f.
The following order was followed in the installation:

1. Behavior designer.
2. Behavior Designer - Movement Pack
3. First Person Controller
4. Behavior Designer / Character Controller integration

and looking in the folders of the first person controller, in effect the script is present, but it does not recognize it or has some kind of confusion.
since it shows the error as if the input player script were needed.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Do you have the PlayerInput component within the shared folder? What version does the Character Manager say you are running?

I have seen this happen with the new input system where you need to regenerate the project - maybe the steps below will help?

Hello, thank you for answering, I have followed the instructions you have given me, and when filling in the empty space of the reference that is mentioned in the solution, the Unity.inputSystem is not present, there is some way to locate or download it, look in the Unity manual but the downloads are for 2020 versions, and not for 2019, that is, the unity system input must be included, but it is not present.
I have followed the options to regenerate the files through external tools in the preferences section; but without any change.
Any other suggestions or help?

Thank you for your time.

Here's what I tried:

- Created a new 2020.3 project
- Imported Behavior Designer
- Imported the Movement Pack
- Imported the First Person Controller
- Imported the Ultimate Character Controller / Behavior Designer integration
- Imported the Deathmatch AI Kit

When I followed those steps I did not receive any compiler errors. Maybe try a more recent Unity version just to see if you can get it working?

Hey! I have a similar problem .. after updating all assets to a newer version. My current UCC version is 2.3.6, Unity 2021.1.20f1. I have links in the dll to other scripts, but I'm not sure if maybe I am missing something. I tried to regenerate visual studio files (sln, csproj) but it doesn't help ... Any ideas why this doesn't work?
This is my error messages: The type or namespace name 'StateObject' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
1632231531750.png
My assemblies:
1632231608368.png1632231621994.png

Here's what I tried:

- Created a new 2020.3 project

When I followed those steps I did not receive any compiler errors. Maybe try a more recent Unity version just to see if you can get it working?
I followed all the steps you mentioned and in effect the errors have disappeared. Thank you very much for your help.

Hey! I have a similar problem .. after updating all assets to a newer version. My current UCC version is 2.3.6, Unity 2021.1.20f1. I have links in the dll to other scripts, but I'm not sure if maybe I am missing something. I tried to regenerate visual studio files (sln, csproj) but it doesn't help ... Any ideas why this doesn't work?
This is my error messages: The type or namespace name 'StateObject' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
It looks like you moved the directory to the plugins folder. Make sure you have also mode the shared folder so it will be compiled in the same step.

If that doesn't work I would test it with a new project and make the plugins folder change one by one to see what breaks it.

I followed all the steps you mentioned and in effect the errors have disappeared. Thank you very much for your help.
I'm glad that worked! I saw your review and just tested a 2019.4 project and that also worked for me. Can you give 2019.4 a try? Here are the steps that I followed:

- Created a new 2019.4.0 project

It looks like you moved the directory to the plugins folder. Make sure you have also mode the shared folder so it will be compiled in the same step.

If that doesn't work I would test it with a new project and make the plugins folder change one by one to see what breaks it.
thanks, I discovered on one of your forums that I first had to delete the UCC folder from Opsive / Shared and then update to the new version) so now it works) thanks :)

i update my review, thanks for your help:

With the new update and thanks to the support of technical support, in the 2019 version of unity, everything worked without problems. Thank you.