I get these errors the first time I play the project

Calcoa

Even in fresh/blank project, following videos for setup, I get these errors the first time I play the project

Error-Ex_v1.jpg

I tried the documentation, but not even sure where to start fixing it, the videos make it look seamless to play at this point, yet I cannot even start troubleshooting as the videos assume I can play without errors at this point. I feel like somethings missing that was not mentioned.

It looks like you have the new input system enabled in your project settings but have the input manager component on the character. To get started you should disable the new input system so you can follow the videos. You can later switch to the input system integration.

To get started you should disable the new input system
This has proven to be difficult... much of what I find is how to migrate or use the new input system, disabling does not seem to be a priority or simple option (or so simple no one wants to mention, yet has stumped this dummy).

Finally was able to fix the errors. Why is this initial step so difficult. I swear I choose "yes" 10 times, when all I needed to choose was "no". I didn't find the explanation intuitive of which to choose and eventually just chose "no" just to see if it made a difference. /shrug

You can change it in the Project Settings:

1613933606453.png

When you create a new project the old input system is also the default. Make sure you are not using alpha or beta versions of Unity as I have not tested those yet with the controller.

Finally was able to fix the errors. Why is this initial step so difficult. I swear I choose "yes" 10 times, when all I needed to choose was "no". I didn't find the explanation intuitive of which to choose and eventually just chose "no" just to see if it made a difference. /shrug
Are you referring to the input popup? This does not set the input system mappings and you only need to press yes once to add the input manager button mappings.

You can change it in the Project Settings:

View attachment 5205

When you create a new project the old input system is also the default. Make sure you are not using alpha or beta versions of Unity as I have not tested those yet with the controller.

Are you referring to the input popup? This does not set the input system mappings and you only need to press yes once to add the input manager button mappings.
No, the popup after changing, the way it reads is you need to say yes to disable the input, which I thought is what I needed to do (but no mention that saying no "disables" the new one). see this image:
Error-ex-v2.jpg

I thought I needed to click "yes", but instead needed to click "no". I noticed by clicking yes here it automatically uses the new input engine, even if you change to old under the "Active Input Handling" setting. I think we can close this ticket, do I mark it as solved or?

Ahh, I see now. That is a Unity pop-up so I would give them that feedback. I'm glad you got it.