How to run both FPS and TPS in same scene with gun

delforce

Hi guys,
I'm probably missing something here but I've basically ran all of the UCC tutorials and none of them cover running both FPS and TPS at the same time with the rifle.

I watched all of these tutorials here
but I can't seem to get both running (with gun) properly.

I followed the FPS and put that in for Nolan with gun and then followed the TPS and put that part in with gun so I could run both.

I seem to be able to switch between both modes with the v key but the Rifle doesn't show or the 1st person arms.

In the scene view Nolan is there with arms with the rifle in the correct place however when I run the game while Nolan is running around okay and I can switch between the 3rd person view and 1st person view there is no rifle or 1st person arms.

I noticed too that when I setup the section to make the model always aim it doesn't do that for me and when running I can't see Nolan's arms.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• TroubleWithFPSTPSsetup.png
    TroubleWithFPSTPSsetup.png
    359.9 KB · Views: 3
We don't have a combined video for items though I should probably create one. The first person view is better to watch though because first person requires more work to setup.

The text documentation does go through and include an example with both first and third though: https://opsive.com/support/document...ntroller/getting-started/setup/item-creation/

Does your rifle have both a First Person Shootable Weapon Properties and Third Person Shootable Weapon properties? When you go through the Item Manager you'll want to make sure you specify a value for both first and third.

Hi Justin,
Yeah that link did the trick, I followed through the document from scratch and I can now see both the 1st person and 3rd person guns.

Now I just need to tweek the 1st person position but at least i can see them now.

Thanks for your help this resolved my issue.
:D
Cheers
Mal