How to ensure persistent UI after updates

sovereign

The automatic setup grabs prefabs from the opsive folder. How can i turn the whole MenuManagerCanvas into my own prefab that will not get affected in future updates? Do i really have to construct the whole UI from scratch?

Yes, that's a bug on my part, I'm not sure why I thought it was a good idea to keep the prefab references when creating a menu. I'll fix it asap.

For now simply right click on the Menu Manager Canvas and press "Unpack Prefab Completely" then create your prefab(s) from that.
You shouldn't have to create the UI from scratch. We are working on solutions to prevent that. If you have any feedback about which part of the UI is hard to implement please let us know. We want to make sure that people can create the UI and items they want without limitations.

In version 1.1 we'll implement a dedicated UI Builder tab where you'll be able to choose a few options and it'll create a UI from that. Then you'll be able to tweak the more advanced settings directly in the components. I'm also looking at ways to simplify the UI hiearchy, or at least find the scripts that affect the UI with more ease