How to destroy magic projectiles after a set amount of time?

Lavos

The documentation describes magic projectiles as follows :

1614283950374.png

Could you please tell me how to set this amount of time? I couldn't find any parameter for this.

Last edited:
I think this documentation may actually be outdated/incorrect. It would be easy enough to create a subclass of MagicProjectile which destroys itself (see the code in MagicProjectile.ReturnToObjectPool) after X seconds though.

Sure. I will do it. I just wanted to make sure it was not already implemented. Thank you.

Update: in version 2.3 the MagicProjectile class has been changed, so that now it implements the Projectile class and has the lifespan parameter. So you may be able to update to 2.3 and just use that instead if needed.

Thank you for this information. I have updated my package but MagicProjectile is still implementing the TrajectoryObject class. Maybe this is because I am using the Third Person Controller and not the UCC? Did you also update the TPC?

The Third Person Controller has been updated. My guess is that you are downloading an old version. Take a look at the instructions on this page: