• We are looking for a content creator to help market our assets and a future unannounced project. More details are on this page.

How to add a new button mappings?

cangcloud

I've made VR demo run successfully, but I find that people can't move,How to add a new button mappings?You should record a video tutorial, because many people buy VR add-on but can't use it.

Attachments

• 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 3

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
The demo scene uses Unity's Input Manager so you'll need to modify the button mappings there:

It should also work with the input integrations so if you have one of those and they support VR controllers then you can use that. The demo scene isn't setup to use one of those integrations though.

cangcloud

The demo scene uses Unity's Input Manager so you'll need to modify the button mappings there:

It should also work with the input integrations so if you have one of those and they support VR controllers then you can use that. The demo scene isn't setup to use one of those integrations though.
I found that VR add-on needs new input system. Does VR add-on support new input system?

cangcloud

I bought a quest2 VR, and I tried to run the VR add-on demonstration scene. The VR add-on can display the game normally, but the characters can't move. I don't know how to add button mapping. You should make a video tutorial of button mapping, because I don't know the key value of quest2 Bluetooth controller, HTC vive, and the oculus go devices are available. I hope you can add more VR devices. Quest2 is so popular. I hope you can add quest2

Attachments

• 捕获.JPG
    捕获.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 10

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
The VR Add-on does not explicitly reference the UnityInput component so you can use the new input system with the VR add-on. Setting up the button mappings are not unique to the VR add-on so you should be able to follow any Quest 2 tutorial on how to setup the button mappings.

kakayaga

The VR Add-on does not explicitly reference the UnityInput component so you can use the new input system with the VR add-on. Setting up the button mappings are not unique to the VR add-on so you should be able to follow any Quest 2 tutorial on how to setup the button mappings.

Hi Justin, could you provide a link to such a tutorial? There doesn't appear to be a distinction between Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift key bindings in the official Unity documentation. Also, what key does one press to teleport in the demo? When I utilize Qculus Link, it appears that all of the other quest controller inputs are working. I tried every button but I still can't teleport.

fdmaker

Heres a inputmaper mapping that is supposed to work for quest. I'm not sure it does.

Attachments

• InputManager(2).asset
    37.1 KB · Views: 3