How does Third Person Objects become invisible?

My Synty character's clavicles, shoulders, elbows, hands and head were marked as Third Person Objects and yet they show up in First Person view. The only difference I can see is Nolan's arms are generic and mine are humanoid with the rest of the body invisible. Switching the Third Person Perspective works, btw. How can I make them and the weapon disappear (and still be able to switch to TPP)?

4 arms.png

Which controller variant do you have? If you have UFPS and mark those objects as third person objects then the invisible shadow castor should be added to them. For UCC the perspective monitor will do the switch.

I have both installed. The invisible shadow castor also makes the arms invisible in Third Person Perspective and the weapon is still visible in First.

Did you use FPS Mesh Tool to split up your mesh? In that case you should follow this video:

The video doesn't show what to put in the First Person Arms field, I left it blank and when I tried to add a gun to the right hand, it says The first person Item Parent field does not specify a valid ItemSlot GameObject. (I also didn't add the character to the Demo manager)
The video also shows the UCCFPS Material Controller (Script) which I don't have.

If you're curious, you can get a free Synty pack here:

help.png

I've been at this for 3 months now. Can somebody, please make a beginner, up-to-date, tutorial, of importing your own character AND using a weapon, for people who are unfamiliar with Unity, FPSMeshTool and the UCC, step-by-step, from the start, with sound. This is my second attempt with the new information. Third Person Perspective still works fine.