How can I get behavior designer to work with Third Person Pseudo 3D and Pseudo 3D Paths?

I have a game that uses the Ultimate Character controller Pseudo 3D movement type and Pseudo 3D Paths on the levels. I'm trying to use behavior designer to add AI characters to the game but they're not following the Pseudo 3D Paths and without them they don't move at all. I'm using the demo scene Behavior Tree setup and when I set up the AI I check the NavMeshAgent box. How can I make the Behavior designer work properly with the 2.5D setup?

Thanks in advance

The path is controlled by the 2.5D ViewType, which the AI cannot use. Right now the easiest solution would be to create a new ability which follows that path instead of having the ViewType follow the path. This actually isn't a bad idea for the player-controlled characters anyway...

The path is controlled by the 2.5D ViewType, which the AI cannot use. Right now the easiest solution would be to create a new ability which follows that path instead of having the ViewType follow the path. This actually isn't a bad idea for the player-controlled characters anyway...
Great idea, how would I do that?