How are Camera states triggered?

gekido

Question about the state system and camera states - I can see that there is a zoom state that is applied with the 'can zoom' flag, but when my character crouches the zoom basically makes the camera look over the character's head. How do I connect the camera zoom state to whether the character is crouching or not? I can see a bunch of presets from the demo that do this, but not grokking 'how' I do this in my own project... Specifically - the demo scene has these states 'CrouchZoom', 'Crouch' etc - where are these states set? I don't see a reference to them on the Nolan character or anywhere else? Trying to connect the dots..

2023-03-24 13_18_19-DystopiaPunk.Client - Demo - Windows, Mac, Linux - Unity 2021.3.18f1_ _DX11_.png

Just off hand, look for a bool called Append Item in the abilities and item abilities sections, there's also something similar for the camera zoom. CrouchZoom looks like an appended state.

Hmmm will keep digging. Haven't looked into the code yet, been trying to avoid changing anything at the UCC level so far ;}

Thanks!