Horse not using root motion

Pedro

I am using the latest behavior pack with the movement add on.

I wanted to try using the behavior trees with a non-humanoid so I got Blitz from the demo, made a prefab and put it into my test scene. First I tested that I could mount and ride Blitz and that the movement was all working correctly.

After that I made a simple behavior tree to make blitz wander when not being ridden (screenshot attached). However, when blitz starts to wander it is doing so with the transform simply moving around and without using the root motion animation. I'm guessing there are some abilities needed for wander which are not setup in the demo blitz but I couldn't find the documentation about which or how to set them up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 10.03.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 10.03.04 AM.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 1
Blitz doesn't contain root motion data so on the Ultimate Character Locomotion component you'll want to make sure you have root motion disabled.

Thank you I'll try that.

Do you know of any rideable characters available (paid or otherwise) that work well with the Ultimate Character Controller?

I don't think there are any but eventually we plan on integrating Horse Animset Pro.