Help Setting Up Deathmatch AI Kit

defkron

Hello! So I have all the necessary pieces in place, following along with the tutorial video on how to set up the Deathmatch AI Kit.

The thing is, I can't get the NPC to detect the player as a target, even after messing around with the layer manager.
The Third Person NPC is using the Third Person Controller, however the player is using a custom first person solution.
Is there any way I can make this work without having to purchase the First Person Controller as well?
I'm guessing I'm not including some object/item that the NPC needs to "see" the player as an enemy?

Edit: additionally, after tinkering around some more, another question came to mind. I can see that I need the third person controller asset imported in order to use this kit, but do I actually need the NPC to have the Third Person Controller applied for the Solo/Team behavior trees to work? Can I just remove the references noted by the TPC icons? The reason I ask is because I’d like the behavior tree of the DM AI kit but I don’t need the additional complexity added by the TPC, as I have other methods of handling what that controller provides.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You do not need the First Person Controller. The behavior tree does require the Third Person Controller. This video provides a good intro to getting your AI setup: