Head bob while idle

Garret Polk

I'm trying to stop the camera from following the head bone during idle animations. In other posts you suggested setting "Smooth Head Offset Steps" to 0. That doesn't work, or at least it doesn't in version 2.1.5 . I've tried this in my game and in a separate project with just UCC using the demo scene. The camera's position moves around while the player is perfectly still in first person.

Thanks for the help.

The Smooth Head Offset Steps is used to determine how closely the camera follows the character's head. You'll mostly see this while moving so it doesn't sound like it's what you want. The idle swaying is likely the Shake Speed or Shake Amplitude.

Spent a good amount of minutes on this last night and could not find the setting... the sway/bob is a common question on Discord - perhaps an easy way to disable it might be in order?

Spent a good amount of minutes on this last night and could not find the setting... the sway/bob is a common question on Discord - perhaps an easy way to disable it might be in order?
I think what I'll do is add a specific note to the docs on this topic. We'll see how much that helps, and if it continues to be a common question I'll look at putting more emphasis on it within the inspector.

I'm also trying to disable this. I could not find the Shake Speed or Shake Amplitude anywhere on the character or camera.

Confirmed. Setting the "Shake/Shake Speed" value to 0 on the Camera Controller component solves this issue. Screenshot attached.

Note: this is on the camera object, not the player object.

Attachments

• Fixed camera bob while idle.JPG
    Fixed camera bob while idle.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 24