Hand animation and body animation?

DeadLik

Hello, I am animating characters in motionbuilder, the problem is the following, I watched your demo scenes, you have a separate model of hands and character, and the full skeleton of the model is used for hand animation, how can you separate the hands from the character with a minimum of bones and apply on them model of a full-fledged skeleton with the animation to work, through what you animated?

I cannot find such a question in any way, how to connect item abilities use with supposing switching on a flashlight, set up an animation and what would happen to the event with the intensity of the flashlight, turn it on and off

A flightlight isn't included but I would create it by extending the Item class, similar to how the Shield is. This will take some scripting though.

A flightlight isn't included but I would create it by extending the Item class, similar to how the Shield is. This will take some scripting though.

Another question is how to connect the animation separately of the hands, separate bodies, for example, the character opens the door, on the model from 3 persons the interaction animation worked, but it is necessary that the interaction animation also worked on the hands separately, for example opening the door?

Another problem, for some reason, the character does not go forward when opening the door, while the standard animation is played

Another question is how to connect the animation separately of the hands, separate bodies, for example, the character opens the door, on the model from 3 persons the interaction animation worked, but it is necessary that the interaction animation also worked on the hands separately, for example opening the door?
The animations are played independently on each animator controller. The parameters update at the same time so everything stays synchronized.

Another problem, for some reason, the character does not go forward when opening the door, while the standard animation is played
Are you able to reproduce this within the demo scene of a fresh project? I've been trying to track this one down for awhile.

The animations are played independently on each animator controller. The parameters update at the same time so everything stays synchronized.

Are you able to reproduce this within the demo scene of a fresh project? I've been trying to track this one down for awhile.

Here is the demoscene, could not attach a file too large, download from here

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the demoscene, could not attach a file too large, download from here
This is a public forum so please do not post packages with the raw asset included. If you need to send me a scene you can do so via a private message or email.

I downloaded it before editing the post and just got it imported. When I hit play I got the following warning:

Warning: The scale on collider CapsuleCollider is not set to (1, 1, 1). This may cause collision issues.
Right now the controller requires the collider to have a scale of 1. I plan on adding support for non-1 scales in version 2.1.

I don't think that is causing the not walking through the door issue though - the problem is that you aren't using root motion so you'll need to use AnimatorMotions in order to move the character manually without root motion.

I downloaded it before editing the post and just got it imported. When I hit play I got the following warning:

Right now the controller requires the collider to have a scale of 1. I plan on adding support for non-1 scales in version 2.1.

I don't think that is causing the not walking through the door issue though - the problem is that you aren't using root motion so you'll need to use AnimatorMotions in order to move the character manually without root motion.

And what is the difference between item abilities and Animator Motions settings, Animator Motions is also in abilities?

Take a look at the docs - it does a pretty good job at explaining those objects.