Grenades will not be thrown out

cangcloud

I created a grenade, but when I threw the grenade... the grenade did not throw out, it exploded directly in the player's hands, I have tried to recreate the grenade several times, and the created grenade cannot be thrown out directly. The player’s hand exploded, I don’t know what went wrong. Moreover, after the grenade exploded in the player’s hand, the player cannot pick up any weapon or switch to any other weapon. This is very similar to the rocket launcher problem, but I can’t solve it. , I need help, you can watch my recorded video.

You are getting an error which indicates things will go wrong. The grenade video is accurate for the current version so I recommend trying it again from the start. As soon as you get different results from the video take a step back and see what went wrong before continuing.

You are getting an error which indicates things will go wrong. The grenade video is accurate for the current version so I recommend trying it again from the start. As soon as you get different results from the video take a step back and see what went wrong before continuing.
Still can't, I tried again 2 times, and the grenade still can't be thrown out. You should check the code, and others have encountered this problem.

1628256680782.png
I'll share what I was able to throw.
Muting the "Wait For Animation Event" in Use Event of grenade item component will cause a grenade clone to be generated from the right-hand child to the top of the hierarchy. There is a timing issue(for me, duration 0.65 was good.), but you can still throw it. This was indirectly explained in the previous magic item tutorial. (Though it didn't say anything about changing the spawn location.
1628258080005.png
I've included Nolan's demo settings in case you're interested. This is the input. I'm not sure why there is a difference.

Last edited:
View attachment 6760
I'll share what I was able to throw.
Muting the "Wait For Animation Event" in the grenade item will cause a grenade clone to be generated from the right-hand child to the top of the hierarchy. There is a timing issue(for me, duration 0.65 was good.), but you can still throw it. This was indirectly explained in the previous magic item tutorial. (Though it didn't say anything about changing the spawn location.
This is probably a bug that does not produce an error.
Indeed, the settings work. This is caused by the developer's failure to carefully check the code. I hope this problem will be completely fixed in the next version.

At what point in the video are your results different? You should also compare your item settings to the primary grenade in the demo scene. In your original video you are getting an error which is a clear sign that something went wrong and you should fix that before continuing.

When I disable the "wait for animation event", the grenade can be thrown out. Other people also encounter the same problem. You should check the code. I have no problem with my operation. I'm sure.
1628297880268.png

At what point in the video are your results different? You should also compare your item settings to the primary grenade in the demo scene. In your original video you are getting an error which is a clear sign that something went wrong and you should fix that before continuing.
Obviously this problem is related to "wait for animation event", you should check the code with "wait for animation event".

You should take a look at the video I just recorded, you will know after watching it.

I'm new to Unity. I installed the UCC, U Inventory, and the integration. I am going through the integration video and the grenade doesn't throw. It makes a throwing sound and boom, kills the player and every inventory item is duplicated and quantities increased for bullets\grenades.

I'm new to Unity. I installed the UCC, U Inventory, and the integration. I am going through the integration video and the grenade doesn't throw. It makes a throwing sound and boom, kills the player and every inventory item is duplicated and quantities increased for bullets\grenades.
I have fed back this problem to Justin. I don't know if I have fixed this problem. I don't intend to use opsive controller to develop my game. There are too many problems. There are still problems with left-hand IK. The enemy AI's left-hand IK will fail inexplicably. I really can't stand these problems. I hope Justin can fix these problems